Your second appointment will take 30 minutes.
We are UNABLE to prescribe any ADHD medication during your 2nd appointment without the following:
- ECG results
- Blood tests results
- Urine drug screen results
- GP letter with results of your physical examination (cardiovascular and respiratory exam)
- Completed online forms (ADHD Pre-interview form, ADHD Informant form for individual who knew you as a child, ADHD Informant form for individual who knew you as an adult).
In order to minimise delays in starting treatment, please ensure you bring a copy of your test results to your 2nd appointment. You can obtain a copy of your results by mail/email by calling your pathology provider and cardiology clinic. If you are having difficulties with this, please call our reception staff at least 2 working days before your appointment.
During your second appointment you undergo the following.
- A psychiatric assessment focussing your ADHD symptoms.
- A more in depth discussion regarding your physical health and potential comorbidities that may influence your medication choices.
- Detailed information regarding stimulant and non stimulant ADHD medication
If you are commenced on an ADHD medication, you may be asked to use the ADHD tracker app to help Dr Wick monitor your doses and its effects.
Usually patients will remain on the starting dose of their ADHD medication for 2-3 weeks.